2007 NGO Forum
Ninth Annual Department of Foreign Affairs NGO Forum on Human Rights
The Ninth Annual Department of Foreign Affairs NGO Forum on Human Rights was held in Croke Park on 19 June 2007. For a full programme of the event please click here (PDF 932kb). The keynote speaker at the Forum was President Jimmy Carter. The Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr Dermot Ahern, T.D. delivered the opening address welcoming President Carter.
There were also two panel discussions on Human Rights in Post-Conflict Societies and the UN Human Rights Council - One Year On.
The panel discussions included international experts in the field of human rights including
- Prof. Louise Doswald-Beck, Professor at the Graduate Institute of International Studies at the University of Geneva,
- Prof. Theo van Boven, former UN Special Rapporteur against Torture,
- Prof. Michael O'Flaherty, Co-Director of the Human Rights Centre, University of Nottingham,
- Mr. Roberto Ricci, Head of the Rapid Response Unit, United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Mr. David Petrasek, Director of Policy at the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue.
For a full programme of the event please click here (PDF 932kb). The report of the 2007 Forum can be downloaded here (PDF 2533kb) .